- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
Vardy latest: No Arsenal medical as striker stalls on move
Arsenal fans are eagerly awaiting news on our proposed move for Jamie Vardy and it appears the deal is set to drag on for longer than hoped.
All the talks over the weekend centered around our swoop for Leicester City’s top scorer with the Mirror reporting on Sunday that the striker had agreed terms over a four-year deal worth £100,000-a-week after holding talks with Arsene Wenger on Friday.
The newspaper says we triggered the strikers release clause worth a reported £20m and he was scheduled to undergo his medical on Sunday afternoon with the expectation that things would be wrapped-up before he flew-out to France with the England squad today.
However, Vardy has just left Luton airport with the national team ahead of Euro 2016 and we’ve had no confirmation of any deal amid reports that Leicester have made a last ditch attempt to persuade him to remain at the King Power.
The Leicester Mercury claim the Foxes are desperately trying to tempt him to turn his back on a move to Arsenal and the striker has supposedly asked for more time to make a decision, so it appears the player has yet to make up his mind.
The Evening Standard also claim that despite reports to the contrary, NO medical took place yesterday and they too say that Vardy is still weighing up his options with Claudio Ranieri doing his best to persuade him to stay at Leicester for one more season and play in the Champions League with them.
On Friday it looked like Vardy would be an Arsenal player by Sunday but now the situation is now unclear and it’s becoming a real transfer saga.
Some fans feel Vardy has used us to get a better deal at Leicester while other believe he’s simply posturing to make it look like it was a tough decision to leave. I must say, it would be a bit of a shock if he did turn us down to stay at Leicester but I honestly wouldn’t be bothered either way.
I’ve said all along I’m not convinced he’s the right striker for us. If he joins, great. If he doesn’t, meh, let’s focus on other targets.