- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
Arsenal in talks over double swoop for 41-goal pair – reports
According to the Sun, Arsenal are in talks with Leicester City over a sensational double swoop for Jamie Vardy AND Riyad Mahrez.
All the talk over the last few days has centered around Vardy with the Mirror reporting yesterday that the 29-year-old has agreed terms over a four-year deal worth £100,000-a-week after holding talks with Arsene Wenger on Friday.
The newspaper says we’ve already agreed to trigger the strikers £20m release clause and Vardy was supposedly scheduled to take his medical on Sunday, so we’re just waiting for official confirmation that the move will go through.
However, if losing their top scorer from last season isn’t bad enough it looks as though Leicester could also lose their second top scorer, and player of the year, too.
That’s because the Sun claim that Arsenal are also in talks with the Foxes over a stunning deal to sign Mahrez after learning that he too has a relatively low release clause in his contract – although they don’t state precisely how much it’s worth.
We’ve been strongly linked with Mahrez in the last few months but it seems Arsene has decided to make his interest formal as he looks to bring in the Premier League champions two key attackers this summer.
Vardy plundered 24 goals while Mahrez hit 17 to fire the Foxes to the title last season but both could now be lining-up alongside each other at the Emirates next season, if this double swoop comes off.
Vardy is needed after we lost Danny Welbeck to a serious knee injury but I have the feeling that if we sign Mahrez, it will mean the end of Theo Walcott’s time at Arsenal.
The attacker fell out-of-favour during the second half of last season and has been linked with the likes of West Ham and Liverpool this summer so I think we’ll see him leave should Mahrez arrive.