- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
23-goal Bundesliga star wants £20m Arsenal move – reports
According to the Sun, Henrikh Mkhitaryan is keen on making a £20m move to Arsenal this summer after rejecting a new contract extension from Borussia Dortmund.
Mkhitaryan has just entered the final year of his contract with Dortmund and it seems he’s turned down the opportunity to extend his stay at the Westfalenstadion following weeks of negotiations.
Arsenal have been strongly linked with the attacker in recent weeks with the Armenian Press News Agency reporting last month that we’d made contact with Dortmund to discuss a deal after holding successful talks with the attackers agent.
We aren’t the only club hoping to lure him to the Premier League as the Sun suggest that Chelsea and Tottenham have also been showing a keen interest in signing the Armenian international.
However, the newspaper claims that Arsenal is Mkhitaryan’s preferred destination and he’s therefore keen to make a big-money move to the Emirates this summer.
As the 27-year-old has just one year remaining on his current deal and doesn’t look likely to sign an extension, Dortmund are going to be forced to cash-in this summer and the Sun claim we could snap him up for just £20m.
That would represent a superb deal for a player of Mkhitaryan’s quality and he reinforced his reputation as one of the best attacking midfielders in the game after scoring 23 goals and providing a ridiculous 32 assist in his 52 appearances last season.
With Theo Walcott tipped to leave Arsenal after losing his place and Danny Welbeck out for most of next season with a knee injury, we need to bring in another wide attacker and Mkhitaryan would be ideal.
He’s capable of playing anywhere across the attacking positions but has mainly been used from the right wing by Dortmund so he could form a devastating attack alongside Ozil and Sanchez behind Vardy next season.
Widespread reports claim we’ve triggered a £20m release clause on his contract and the Mirror claim the England striker has agreed personal terms over a four-year deal after holding face-to-face talks with Wenger on Friday.
So it looks as though Vardy is set to become our second signing of the summer and he could be followed by Mkhitaryan if we manage to tempt the player to North London over the coming weeks.
It’s gearing up to be a busy, and very exciting summer, with Arsene looking to build a squad that finally capable of challenging for top honours.