- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
- Key man returns, Giroud out: My Arsenal XI vs Burnley
- Key update on Arsenal’s pursuit of Serie A star, £36m deal agreed
- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
Odds slashed on 24-goal striker joining Arsenal
SkyBet have been forced to slash their odds on Jamie Vardy joining Arsenal after a flurry of large bets backed the Leicester City hitman to make the move to North London this summer.
Arsene Wenger has already been active in the market this summer after splashing out around £30m on the signature of midfielder Ganit Xhaka from Borussia Mönchengladbach.
However, the boss has confirmed he’s going to need to bring in another striker after losing Danny Welbeck for the majority of next season with a serious knee injury.
Several names have been linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks but we’ve now been installed as the heavy favourites with SkyBet to sign Jamie Vardy if the striker leaves Leicester this summer.
That’s because the online sportsbook confirmed on Twitter earlier today that they’ve been forced to make Arsenal the 8/13 favourites to sign the Foxes hitman after a flurry of large bets were placed backing him to make the move to North London this summer.
Manchester United are second favourites at 20/1, West Ham are at 25/1 while Manchester City are 28/1 to be the strikers next club, so as you can see we are the clear front-runners.
Vardy has just come off the back of a sensational season that saw him score 24 goals to fire Leicester to a shock Premier League title win and he’s set to play an important role for England at Euro 2016.
I haven’t seen too many newspaper reports linking him with Arsenal in recent weeks but it appears there are some serious punters who are so confident he’ll join us, that they’ve decided to put their money where their mouth is.
Is their confidence well placed? We’ll have to wait and see but the 29-year-old would certainly give us another vital threat in the final third if he was to make the move to Arsenal this summer.
After a flurry of large bets, Jamie Vardy has now shortened to 8/13 to join Arsenal! pic.twitter.com/d7MoEJrNE6
— Sky Bet (@SkyBet) June 3, 2016