- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
Arsenal and player reject cheeky approach from Man Utd
According to a report emanating from France, Arsenal have rejected a cheeky approach from Manchester United for Laurent Koscielny while the defender has also ruled out moving to Old Trafford.
Koscielny joined Arsenal as a relatively unknown centre-back from Lorient in 2010 but has developed in to one of the best defenders in Europe during his time in North London.
The French international is a key part of Arsene Wenger’s starting eleven and has been tipped to take over the captains armband following the departure of Mikel Arteta, however, it doesn’t look like that’s stopped Manchester United from making an audacious move for the 30-year-old.
The Mirror are carrying a report that originates from LE10 Sport claiming that our Premier League rivals have been in touch over a potential deal after new United boss Jose Mourinho earmarked Koscielny as a key transfer target.
Unsurprisingly, the French outlet says Arsenal rejected United’s approach out of hand while Kos is also understood to have made it clear he isn’t interested in moving to Old Trafford.
I suppose it’s flattering that Mourinho, with his bottomless pit of money, wanted to sign our centre-back but thankfully the Arsenal chiefs have told them where to go.
There is no way we’d sell to them again. Not after Robin van Persie. And we’re in a far better situation financially than we were back then when Wenger did business with Fergie.
The boss is now looking to build a title-winning squad and Koscielny is central to that, so Mourinho will have to look elsewhere.