- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
£30m bid submitted for key Arsenal target – reports
According to the Express, a £30m bid has been put on the table by Bayern Munich for key Arsenal target Kalidou Koulibaly but Napoli have rejected the German clubs advances.
Koulibaly has just enjoyed a superb campaign in Italy having been a rock at the back for Napoli as he helped guide them to a second-placed finish behind champions Juventus.
The Senegal international has been attracting plenty of interest from throughout Europe and the Mirror reported earlier this week that Arsene Wenger had made the 24-year-old a prime target as he looks to bring in another central defender this summer.
Neither Per Mertesacker or Gabriel have proven they are the answer to our defensive issues so I certainly think we need a reliable partner for Laurent Koscielny and 6ft 5ins Koulibaly is an absolute beast.
However, it looks as though we’ve got some stiff competition for his signature as the Express are citing a report which originates from Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport that claims Bayern Munich have tabled a formal £30m offer for Koulibaly’s services.
The paper states that Napoli have rejected the bid and are determined to hang on to the powerful defender but the Germans don’t give up easily so I wouldn’t be surprised if they returned with an improved offer.
Will Wenger go up against the Bundesliga giants? He doesn’t often like to enter bidding wars, especially against Europe’s elite, plus I’m not convinced the boss would pay over £30m for a defender, so if these reports are accurate then I can’t see Koulibaly coming to the Emirates this summer.
Perhaps Arsene will surprise us all and blow Bayern out the water, he has just splashed out around £30m on a defensive midfielder, but I’m not holding my breath. Other reports claim we’ve bid £1.2m for Bolton defender Ron Holding and that kinda deal sounds far more up Wenger’s street than taking on Bayern for a £30m+ centre-back.