- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
£30m bid submitted for key Arsenal target – reports
According to the Express, a £30m bid has been put on the table by Bayern Munich for key Arsenal target Kalidou Koulibaly but Napoli have rejected the German clubs advances.
Koulibaly has just enjoyed a superb campaign in Italy having been a rock at the back for Napoli as he helped guide them to a second-placed finish behind champions Juventus.
The Senegal international has been attracting plenty of interest from throughout Europe and the Mirror reported earlier this week that Arsene Wenger had made the 24-year-old a prime target as he looks to bring in another central defender this summer.
Neither Per Mertesacker or Gabriel have proven they are the answer to our defensive issues so I certainly think we need a reliable partner for Laurent Koscielny and 6ft 5ins Koulibaly is an absolute beast.
However, it looks as though we’ve got some stiff competition for his signature as the Express are citing a report which originates from Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport that claims Bayern Munich have tabled a formal £30m offer for Koulibaly’s services.
The paper states that Napoli have rejected the bid and are determined to hang on to the powerful defender but the Germans don’t give up easily so I wouldn’t be surprised if they returned with an improved offer.
Will Wenger go up against the Bundesliga giants? He doesn’t often like to enter bidding wars, especially against Europe’s elite, plus I’m not convinced the boss would pay over £30m for a defender, so if these reports are accurate then I can’t see Koulibaly coming to the Emirates this summer.
Perhaps Arsene will surprise us all and blow Bayern out the water, he has just splashed out around £30m on a defensive midfielder, but I’m not holding my breath. Other reports claim we’ve bid £1.2m for Bolton defender Ron Holding and that kinda deal sounds far more up Wenger’s street than taking on Bayern for a £30m+ centre-back.