- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
- Arsenal star a ‘major doubt’ for crucial Man City clash
- Arsenal make 24-year-old top target as Wenger eyes international
- Boss confirms Arsenal star is ruled out with hamstring injury
- Arsenal transfer plans: Out = £92m duo, In = 48-goal hitmen
- Brazilian superstar says he ‘admires’ Arsenal & wants to play in England
Arsenal unveil new No.8 – find out who the player is here
Arsenal have unveiled a new number 8 today……..Aaron Ramsey.
The Welshman has worn the No.16 shirt since joining the club from Cardiff in 2008 but Arsenal confirmed this afternoon that Rambo has taken the vacant No.8 shirt for the forthcoming season.
The No.8 shirt was vacated by Mikel Arteta with the Spaniard set to leave Arsenal when his contract runs out next month and many had thought that Francis Coquelin would be the man to take over.
This would have allowed new signing Granit Xhaka to have Coquelin’s No.34 shirt – the number Xhaka has worn throughout his career – but it looks as though Francis will have to take a new number now. Perhaps the Frenchman could take Ramsey’s old No.16 shirt?
Either way, it’s great to see Ramsey getting his name on the back of one of the main numbers and the news comes after Alexis Sanchez was given the No.7 shirt.
Here is how Arsenal announced the news on Twitter:
We’ve got a new No 8… pic.twitter.com/OlWees7T5P
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) May 26, 2016