- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Arsenal unveil new No.8 – find out who the player is here
Arsenal have unveiled a new number 8 today……..Aaron Ramsey.
The Welshman has worn the No.16 shirt since joining the club from Cardiff in 2008 but Arsenal confirmed this afternoon that Rambo has taken the vacant No.8 shirt for the forthcoming season.
The No.8 shirt was vacated by Mikel Arteta with the Spaniard set to leave Arsenal when his contract runs out next month and many had thought that Francis Coquelin would be the man to take over.
This would have allowed new signing Granit Xhaka to have Coquelin’s No.34 shirt – the number Xhaka has worn throughout his career – but it looks as though Francis will have to take a new number now. Perhaps the Frenchman could take Ramsey’s old No.16 shirt?
Either way, it’s great to see Ramsey getting his name on the back of one of the main numbers and the news comes after Alexis Sanchez was given the No.7 shirt.
Here is how Arsenal announced the news on Twitter:
We’ve got a new No 8… pic.twitter.com/OlWees7T5P
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) May 26, 2016