- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
Arsenal working on deal to sign Argentinean wonderkid
According to the Mirror, Arsenal have renewed their interest in Argentinean wonderkid Maxi Romero and are working on a deal to finally bring the teenager to North London.
Many of you may remember Romero from last summer as he was strongly linked with a move to the Emirates and the Mirror claim that a £4.5m deal was agreed to sign the striker from Velez Sarsfield.
The youngster was all-set to make his move to England but the deal was cancelled after Romero suffered a serious knee ligament injury shortly before he was due to sign for Arsenal.
However, the Mirror claim that Wenger has now renewed his interest in the 17-year-old attacker and is once again trying to trash out a deal with his club Velez Sarsfield.
It’s not known how much we’re prepared to pay this time around but the newspaper does suggest that any deal is dependent on Romero being able to prove his fitness.
The striker appears to have recovered well from his knee injury over the past 12 months and has even managed to break in to the senior Sarsfield first team, scoring 3 goals in his 10 appearances so far.
He sounds like he has a bright future ahead of him but should a deal go through this summer, Romero would obviously struggle to obtain a work permit so the likelihood is he’d be sent out on loan to a European club for a couple of years in order to gain a European passport.
That means he’s not going to feature in the first team for some time and is considered as ‘one for the future’, but thankfully it looks like Arsene is also planning to bring in a more established striker this summer.
With Danny Welbeck out for the majority of next season, we need reinforcements up top and Alvaro Morata appears to have emerged as a top target with reports claiming we’ve submitted a £38.7m offer for the Spanish international.
We’ll have to wait and see if anything comes of these reports linking us to Romero and Morata but it does sound like it’s going to be a busy summer in North London.