- Arsenal handed huge boost ahead of Bayern Munich showdown
- Confirmed: Arsenal boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Arsenal eyeing £34.5m deal for Portuguese international
- Arsenal trio surprisingly named in BBC Team of the Week
- Arsene Wenger could be banned for Arsenal’s crucial trip to Chelsea
- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
Photo: Arsenal confirm new shirt number for Alexis Sanchez
Arsenal have revealed that Alexis Sanchez has switched shirt numbers from 17 to 7, seemingly confirming that the Chilean international will stay at the club this summer.
There have been widespread rumours in recent weeks suggesting that Alexis is unsettled at the club with the attacker reported to have stormed out of the stadium after being substituted against Norwich last month.
The 27-year-old is supposedly ‘frustrated’ with life under Arsene Wenger and has been linked with a move to the likes of Bayern Munich and Juventus by the media.
However, the club have now dropped a huge hint that Sanchez will be staying at the Emirates after confirming he’s switched from the No.17 shirt to the No.7 shirt for the upcoming campaign.
The No.7 has been vacated by Tomas Rosicky as he’s leaving the club this summer when his contract expires next month, so if Alexis has decided to take it surely it’s an indication that he’s going to stay?
I always thought the speculation over unhappiness at the club was a little exaggerated and Arsene has said recently that he’s confident both Alexis and Ozil will sign contract extensions this summer.
We’ll have to see if that turns out to be the case but the initial signs are good. Here is the tweet confirming Sanchez’ new shirt number:
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) May 23, 2016