- Arsenal handed huge boost ahead of Bayern Munich showdown
- Confirmed: Arsenal boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Arsenal eyeing £34.5m deal for Portuguese international
- Arsenal trio surprisingly named in BBC Team of the Week
- Arsene Wenger could be banned for Arsenal’s crucial trip to Chelsea
- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
[Photo] Robert Pires’ son signs his contract after joining Arsenal
Robert Pires has confirmed on Twitter that his son Theo has signed for Arsenal and will be part of our youth Academy set-up next season.
Pires became an Arsenal legend during his six year career at the club, winning two Premier League titles and was an integral part of the Invincibles side.
The French winger has now taken to Twitter to post a photo of his nine-year-old son, Theo, signing his contract and he’ll now follow in his fathers footsteps.
Theo was first reported to be training with the club back in 2015 and it seems he’s shown enough to get a permanent place in the academy set-up.
Obviously he’s got a looooong way to go before he’ll be knocking on the first team door but I’m sure all Gooners would love to see Pires junior progress through the youth ranks and forge a career at the Emirates.
If he can achieve just a fraction of what his dad did, he’ll be one hell of a player.
— robert pires (@piresrobert7) May 21, 2016