- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
[Photo] Robert Pires’ son signs his contract after joining Arsenal
Robert Pires has confirmed on Twitter that his son Theo has signed for Arsenal and will be part of our youth Academy set-up next season.
Pires became an Arsenal legend during his six year career at the club, winning two Premier League titles and was an integral part of the Invincibles side.
The French winger has now taken to Twitter to post a photo of his nine-year-old son, Theo, signing his contract and he’ll now follow in his fathers footsteps.
Theo was first reported to be training with the club back in 2015 and it seems he’s shown enough to get a permanent place in the academy set-up.
Obviously he’s got a looooong way to go before he’ll be knocking on the first team door but I’m sure all Gooners would love to see Pires junior progress through the youth ranks and forge a career at the Emirates.
If he can achieve just a fraction of what his dad did, he’ll be one hell of a player.
— robert pires (@piresrobert7) May 21, 2016