- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Xhaka confirms he’d like to play for Arsenal ahead of £34m move
Granit Xhaka has admitted he would love to play for Arsenal amid reports he’s set to seal a £34m move to the Emirates over the coming days, according to ESPN.
Xhaka has been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal in recent months and the speculation has gone in to overdrive over the past couple of days.
Goal then reported that we’d agreed personal terms with the Swiss international after he had supposedly snubbed interest from Manchester City so it looked as though a deal was close to completion.
Xhaka has now been quizzed about all the rumours and while he refused to confirm or deny the speculation, he did admit that he would love to play for Arsenal.
When asked whether he could see himself playing for Arsenal, the midfielder is quoted as saying to Swiss TV by ESPN:
“Absolutely. Whether there are talks or not, the clubs Gladbach and Arsenal know that, but as of now I am still a Gladbach player. It might change in the next weeks or it might not change.”
“There will definitely be a decision before the European Championship.”
So things are slowly falling in to place and if all these reports of a deal with Gladbach and personal terms being agreed are accurate, then it shouldn’t be too much longer before we announce the deal.
With Arteta and Flamini set to leave next month, we need another central midfielder and Xhaka would be an excellent signing. The 23-year-old is a deep-lying midfielder who reminds me of Emmanuel Petit as he’s got a lovely left-foot and likes to ping the ball around the pitch.
He is a bit of a hot-head as he’s already been sent off eight times in his career but we could do with adding a bit of ‘bite’ to our team – which has been accused of being soft in recent years.
Let’s hope Arsenal don’t drag their heels for too long and get Xhaka signed up as soon as possible.