- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
- [Photos] Arsenal fitness boost: quartet snapped in training today
- Arsenal legend: Sanchez could be heading to Bayern Munich
- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
Arsenal trio left out of Spain squad for Euro 2016
There’s disappointment for Arsenal trio Santi Cazorla, Hector Bellerin and Nacho Monreal after they were left out of Spain’s provisional 25-man squad ahead of Euro 2016.
Cazorla has spent the last six months on the sidelines with knee and Achilles injuries but returned to action on Sunday as he started against Aston Villa in our final league game of the season.
The 31-year-old looked sharp during our 4-0 win but unfortunately he hasn’t done enough to convince Spain boss Vicente del Bosque that he’s fit enough to be included in his squad for the European Championships.
Monreal has been Mr Consistent once again this season but somehow del Bosque feels he’s not good enough to be included in the squad with Alba and Azpilicueta picked ahead of him.
Bellerin has been outstanding for Arsenal this season and was rightly named in the Premier League Team of the Year but sadly he’s not forced his way in to the main squad either.
Hector is named in the reserve list and will take part in some pre-tournament friendlies but it’s highly unlikely he’ll go to the Euro’s unless someone gets injured.
It’s a shame for the boys but on the plus side, at least they’ll all be well rested for Arsenal ahead of next season.
Here is the confirmed Spain squad: