- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
Ratings: Giroud shines as Arsenal thrash Aston Villa 4-0
Olivier Giroud scored a hat-trick as Arsenal thrashed Aston Villa 4-0 at the Emirates and with Spurs going down 5-1 at Newcastle, we finish second and can once again celebrate St Totteringham’s Day.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 6 – A virtual bystander for much of the game. Secured his 16th clean sheet to win the Golden Gloves.
Bellerin 7 – Lovely assist for Giroud’s third goal and was once again a threat down the right flank.
Gabriel 5.5 – Was given some trouble by Ayew and had to be bailed out by his team mates a few times.
Koscielny 6.5 – Solid outing and did well to sweep up any time Villa pushed forward.
Monreal 7 – Great cross to set-up Giroud for the opener. Made a crucial interception to prevent a certain equaliser late in the first half.
Coquelin 5 – A disappointing game. Seems to have lost his confidence a little having been left out by Wenger recently.
Wilshere 6.5 – Great to see him make his first start of the season. Showed some nice touches but missed a great chance to make it 2-0 as he hit the side netting from close range.
Cazorla 7 – He’s been hugely missed. Started every attack from deep and dictated the game.
Ozil 7 – Grabbed his 19th assist of the season but just missed out on the record.
Sanchez 7 – Was involved in some superb moments but just missed out on getting on the score-sheet.
Giroud 9 – Superb hat-trick from the big man. Such a frustrating player as he’s either excellent or useless. Today, he was excellent.
Elneny 6 – Should have scored but blazed over.
Arteta 7 – Claimed the goal but was probably an O.G. Will be missed.