- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Ratings: Giroud shines as Arsenal thrash Aston Villa 4-0
Olivier Giroud scored a hat-trick as Arsenal thrashed Aston Villa 4-0 at the Emirates and with Spurs going down 5-1 at Newcastle, we finish second and can once again celebrate St Totteringham’s Day.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 6 - A virtual bystander for much of the game. Secured his 16th clean sheet to win the Golden Gloves.
Bellerin 7 - Lovely assist for Giroud’s third goal and was once again a threat down the right flank.
Gabriel 5.5 - Was given some trouble by Ayew and had to be bailed out by his team mates a few times.
Koscielny 6.5 - Solid outing and did well to sweep up any time Villa pushed forward.
Monreal 7 - Great cross to set-up Giroud for the opener. Made a crucial interception to prevent a certain equaliser late in the first half.
Coquelin 5 - A disappointing game. Seems to have lost his confidence a little having been left out by Wenger recently.
Wilshere 6.5 - Great to see him make his first start of the season. Showed some nice touches but missed a great chance to make it 2-0 as he hit the side netting from close range.
Cazorla 7 - He’s been hugely missed. Started every attack from deep and dictated the game.
Ozil 7 - Grabbed his 19th assist of the season but just missed out on the record.
Sanchez 7 - Was involved in some superb moments but just missed out on getting on the score-sheet.
Giroud 9 - Superb hat-trick from the big man. Such a frustrating player as he’s either excellent or useless. Today, he was excellent.
Elneny 6 – Should have scored but blazed over.
Arteta 7 – Claimed the goal but was probably an O.G. Will be missed.