- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
[Photos] Rosicky all smiles in training ahead of Arsenal exit
Tomas Rosicky has been taking part in his last proper Arsenal training session ahead of Sunday’s Premier League clash with Aston Villa.
The Czech international will be hoping to play some part in our season finale before he leaves the club when his contract expires next month, bringing to an end a frustrating 10-year career in North London.
Rosicky has endured another injury plagued campaign with knee and thigh problems restricting him to just one substitute appearance all season so it would be great to see the 35-year-old get a run-out so the Emirates can have a chance to say goodbye.
Obviously there’s no place for sentiment as we still need to beat Villa tomorrow to stand any chance of finishing above Tottenham but I do hope Wenger puts Rosicky on the bench just in case we’re 3-0 with 10 minutes to go.
It will be sad to see Tomas leave the club and he’ll always go down as one of those players who was never able to truly fulfill his potential due to injury problems.
Mikel Arteta is another player who’s set to leave next month and he too was in training today hoping to force his way in to Wenger’s match day squad tomorrow.
Here are some photos from today’s training session courtesy of Arsenal’s Getty account: