- Wenger speaks out on reported interest in world class attacker
- Arsenal in talks over signing of Ligue 1 attacker
- Arsenal boss confirms star has signed deal until 2018
- Arsenal boss confirms quadruple injury boost but attacker ruled out
- Midfield ‘hardman’ reveals reason behind failed Arsenal move
- [Photos] Arsenal fitness boost: quartet snapped in training today
- Arsenal legend: Sanchez could be heading to Bayern Munich
- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
Welbeck to meet surgeon today with Arsenal star facing months out
Bad news on the injury front as according to the Telegraph, Danny Welbeck will meet surgeon Andy Williams later today after scan results showed a tear in his knee cartilage meaning he’s facing months on the sidelines.
Welbeck was forced off midway through the first half during our 2-2 draw at Manchester City on Sunday afternoon following a clash with defender Bacary Sagna.
The 25-year-old looked frustrated as he limped down the tunnel and boss Arsene Wenger admitted after the game that he feared Welbeck had suffered knee serious damage.
There were hopes that the forward may have only suffered a strain but unfortunately the Telegraph claim that scan results have confirmed a tear to his left knee and Danny will now meet with leading knee surgeon Andy Williams this afternoon to discuss the best course of action.
If surgery is needed then Welbeck is facing several months on the sidelines but even if he doesn’t need to go under the knife he’s still going to be ruled out for some time and is almost certainly out of this summer’s European Championships.
The news is a huge blow, obviously for Arsenal, but particularly for Welbeck. He’s only recently returned from a 10-month absence due to ligament damage in his right knee and he’s looked sharp since regaining full fitness.
He was certain to be included in the England squad and many feel he would have started as he’s a favourite under Hodgson, so it will be a real heartbreak for him to miss such a major tournament after a frustrating season.
Let’s pray for some positive news and that Danny came make a swift recovery.