- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
‘I’ll go back to Arsenal’ – midfielder confirms Arsenal return
Gedion Zelalem has confirmed he’ll return to Arsenal this summer and try and force his way in to Arsene Wenger’s plans after a successful loan spell at Rangers.
Zelalem has been on the books at Arsenal since joining the club as a 16-year-old in 2013 after being spotted by scout Daniel Karbassiyoon while playing for Olney Rangers in the Dallas Cup.
He impressed on our pre-season tour of Asia that summer and shone at the Emirates Cup the following year, forging a reputation as one of our most exciting young talents in the youth system.
Zelalem was sent out on loan to Rangers last summer and has put in some impressive displays north of the boarder having provided 8 assists in his 27 appearances this season as the Glasgow giants sealed promotion back to the SPL.
However, the 19-year-old has confirmed he’ll return to Arsenal this summer and will look to try and force his way in to Wenger’s first team plans.
Zelalem is quoted as saying by the Mirror:
“The whole point of a loan deal is to get experience, and I’ll go back to Arsenal and strive to get involved there,”
“The contact has been good, and they get a lot of feedback and scouts have been coming to watch the games.
“When I go back though, I will always keep in touch with Rangers and see how they are doing.”
With Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Flamini and Tomas Rosicky all set to leave next month, there is certainly room for Zelalem in Arsene’s squad as we’ll be short of central midfield options.
I don’t think the United States international is ready to start just yet but hopefully he can earn a place in the squad and feature in the domestic cup competitions next season.