- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
[Tweet] Arsenal first team star confirms he’ll play for U21′s
Arsenal star Santi Cazorla is set to continue his comeback from injury with another run out for the under-21′s this week.
The Spaniard has been out for over five months after first suffering a serious knee ligament injury back in November before his planned comeback was delayed when he picked up an Achilles injury in March.
Santi resumed full first team training last month and stepped-up his recovery after playing 60 minutes for the under-21 side, helping them beat Blackburn Rovers in their promotion play off semi final last week.
I hoped Cazorla could have made an appearance for the first team after being named on the bench against Manchester City on Sunday but he just missed out after Wenger choose to bring on Francis Coquelin shortly after we had equalised at 2-2.
However, the 31-year-old is now going to turn-out for the under-21′s again after he tweeted to confirm that he’ll play in their play-off final against Aston Villa tomorrow night.
Hopefully Cazorla can get the full ninety minutes under his belt this time and help the development squad gain promotion back to the top flight.
As long as he comes through the game unscathed, Santi could then put himself in contention to play in our final Premier League game against Aston Villa on Sunday.
— Santi Cazorla (@19SCazorla) May 9, 2016