- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
Midfielder on verge of sealing big-money move to Arsenal – report
According to reports in Germany, Arsenal are on the verge of completing a big-money deal to sign Borussia Mönchengladbach midfielder Granit Xhaka.
The Swiss international has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months with the Express reporting last month that we’d agreed personal terms with the player ahead of a potential switch.
Further reports suggested Arsenal were confident of getting a deal wrapped-up early in the summer and it appears that remains the case as German outlet SPORT1 claims today that Xhaka is close to sealing his move to Arsenal.
Agreeing a fee seems to be the final stumbling block and the report suggests that with the 23-year-old’s contract with Gladbach still running until 2019, he’s likely to cost in the region of €30-€40 million – which works out at around £23 – £31 million.
Xhaka has previously admitted it’s his dream to play in England and it appears he’s set to realise that dream by completing a big-money move to the Emirates this summer.
With Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini set to leave when their contracts expire next month, we need to bring in another central midfielder and Xhaka would fit the bill nicely.
He’s an established international who’s known for his passing ability as well as his leadership skills, so he should be an excellent addition if we do manage to get a deal over the line.
Xhaka’s arrival would give us plenty of depth in the middle of the park and hopefully we’d finally be able to cope when the inevitable injury crisis hits next season.