- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
- Team News: Arsenal duo ruled out but star to return against Reading
- Arsenal boss confirms these 9 players will feature against Reading
Arsenal open talks over stunning £60m double deal – report
According to the Express, Arsenal have opened talks with Leicester City to negotiate a stunning £60m double deal involving Miyad Mahrez and N’Golo Kante.
Despite some reservations from a growing number of supporters, Wenger is set to see-out the final year of his contract but at least it looks like he’s ready to spend some money in the transfer market.
Kante has been strongly linked with a move to Arsenal recently after enjoying a sensational debut season with Leicester having joined the club from Caen last summer.
The 25-year-old has helped guide the Foxes to a shock Premier League title win thanks to his tireless displays in the middle of the park and the Express claim that we’re ready to trigger his £20m release clause this summer.
Leicester are resigned to losing the French international as there is little they can do to prevent the likes of Arsenal matching that figure but they are desperate to keep hold of Mahrez.
The winger has also been a stand out player for Leicester with his 17 goals and 10 assists playing a major role in securing the title and he’s popped up with some vital goals at important times this season.
The Express suggest that it will take a bid of around £40m to tempt Leicester in to a sale for the PFA Player of the Year and they say Wenger has now made contact with the newly-crowned champs to discuss a potential £60m double deal involving both Mahrez and Kante.
With Arteta and Flamini leaving next month we need to sign another defensive midfielder and lets be honest, Kante has been the best in the league by a mile this season so he’d be a superb addition to the squad.
Mahrez would also give us another vital option in the final third and I personally think that if we do manage to sign him, then he’ll come in to replace Theo Walcott – who’s been strongly linked with a move away following a disappointing season.
Let’s see how things develop over the coming weeks but I expect the rumours to intensify throughout the summer and I’d love to see Arsene pull off this sensational double deal.