- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
Video: Man City 2-2 Arsenal: Sanchez rescues point for Gunners
Alexis Sanchez rescued a point for Arsenal as we drew 2-2 with Manchester City at the Etihad this afternoon.
We started poorly and City opened the scoring in the 8th minute as Sergio Aguero fired home but we hit-back instantly as Olivier Giroud ended his drought with a fine header from a corner.
City made it 2-1 shortly after half-time as De Bruyne smashed home from the edge of the area following some awful defending – but once again Cech was susceptible as he was beaten too easily at his near post.
However, we fought back well and levelled things up once again as Sanchez latched on to a fine lay off from Giroud to slot past Hart for 2-2 in the 68th minute.
Neither side could find a winner so the 2-2 draw means we remain three points clear in third and a draw at home to Aston Villa on the final day will be enough to secure a top three finish.
Watch the goals here: