- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Arsenal eye move for 26-goal striker + midfield duo on Wenger’s list
According to the Mirror, Arsene Wenger is eyeing a move for AZ Alkmaar striker Vincent Janssen while N’Golo Kante and Granit Xhaka are also on his hit-list of summer transfer targets.
The boss is under pressure to strengthen the squad this summer after overseeing a hugely disappointing campaign that’s seen us blow our best chance to win the title in over a decade.
A new striker is on the agenda as Olivier Giroud has once again proven he’s not up to the task of firing us to major honours and the Mirror claim that Wenger is eyeing up a move for Dutch hotshot Vincent Janssen.
The 21-year-old has enjoyed a sensational season with AZ Alkmaar that’s seen him score 26 goals in just 33 games and it appears he’s impressed Arsenal scouts.
Janssen has forced his way in to the Dutch national team and scored one and provided another against England back in March, but Wenger is mulling over whether he’s ready to play for a top club like Arsenal.
The Dutch youngster is certainly a real talent but I’d personally prefer to see us go for a more established name as we need a top class striker who’s ready to come straight in and be our main focal point in attack.
As well as a striker, the boss is also looking to bring in another central midfielder and the Mirror claim that N’Golo Kante and Granit Xhaka are Arsene’s top two targets.
Kante has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks amid reports he’s got a £20m buy out clause in his contract but the newspaper suggests that Xhaka remains the more likely option for Arsenal.
The Swiss international has been in excellent form for Borussia Mönchengladbach this season and with Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini set to leave next month, we need another body in midfield and Xhaka would fit the bill nicely.