- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
Arsenal eye move for 26-goal striker + midfield duo on Wenger’s list
According to the Mirror, Arsene Wenger is eyeing a move for AZ Alkmaar striker Vincent Janssen while N’Golo Kante and Granit Xhaka are also on his hit-list of summer transfer targets.
The boss is under pressure to strengthen the squad this summer after overseeing a hugely disappointing campaign that’s seen us blow our best chance to win the title in over a decade.
A new striker is on the agenda as Olivier Giroud has once again proven he’s not up to the task of firing us to major honours and the Mirror claim that Wenger is eyeing up a move for Dutch hotshot Vincent Janssen.
The 21-year-old has enjoyed a sensational season with AZ Alkmaar that’s seen him score 26 goals in just 33 games and it appears he’s impressed Arsenal scouts.
Janssen has forced his way in to the Dutch national team and scored one and provided another against England back in March, but Wenger is mulling over whether he’s ready to play for a top club like Arsenal.
The Dutch youngster is certainly a real talent but I’d personally prefer to see us go for a more established name as we need a top class striker who’s ready to come straight in and be our main focal point in attack.
As well as a striker, the boss is also looking to bring in another central midfielder and the Mirror claim that N’Golo Kante and Granit Xhaka are Arsene’s top two targets.
Kante has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent weeks amid reports he’s got a £20m buy out clause in his contract but the newspaper suggests that Xhaka remains the more likely option for Arsenal.
The Swiss international has been in excellent form for Borussia Mönchengladbach this season and with Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini set to leave next month, we need another body in midfield and Xhaka would fit the bill nicely.