- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
Arsenal contact Barcelona over possible deal for unsettled attacker
According to the Mirror, Arsenal have made contact with Barcelona over a potential deal to sign out-of-favour attacker Arda Turan this summer amid rumours the player is looking to leave the Nou Camp.
Turan made his name at Galatasaray but really became a top class player during an excellent four year spell at Atletico Madrid before he earned himself a ‘dream’ move to Barcelona last summer.
However, due to the Catalans word-wide transfer ban, Turan was forced to wait until January before he was allowed to make his debut for the reigning La Liga champions.
It looks like those six months spent on the sidelines hampered the attackers progress as Turan has struggled to establish himself at Barca and he’s made just nine league starts this year.
The Mirror suggest that the Turkish international is already mulling over his future at the Nou Camp and boss Luis Enrique is believed to be understanding of his situation and won’t stand in his way if Turan wants to leave this summer.
It appears he could be offered a new challenge in the Premier League as the report claims that Arsenal have made contact with Barca and asked to be kept informed about Turan’s situation ahead of a potential move.
So if Turan makes it clear he wants to leave in search of regular game-time, it looks like Arsene Wenger is ready to try and lure him to the Emirates this summer and I’d love to see the Turk come to Arsenal.
He was excellent during his time with Atletico but it’s come as no surprise that he’s struggling for game-time at Barca as he’s up against three of the best players on the planet in Messi, Suarez and Neymar. Let’s face it, he’s never going to be first choice.
Whereas at Arsenal we could offer him plenty of regular game-time. With Theo Walcott’s future uncertain, Turan would be an ideal replacement so let’s pray that he decides to call it a day at Barca and wants to test himself here in England.
An attacking three of Sanchez, Ozil and Turan behind a top class striker would be a mouth watering prospect….