- Arsenal ready to move for £40m Spaniard, Liverpool also keen
- Arsenal eye move for Czech Republic star – Coquelin replacement?
- Fixture change: Arsenal v Man Utd clash rescheduled for live TV
- Arsenal boss confirms key man has been ruled out for the season
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Cech, Sanchez, Ozil & Perez
- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
Arsenal to activate £20m clause after talks with midfielder’s agent
According to RMC Sport, Arsenal are set to activate N’Golo Kante’s £20m release clause this summer after holding a series of talks with the Leicester City midfielder’s agents.
Kante has been in sensational form for Leicester this season after joining the club from Caen last summer and his tireless performances in midfield have been a key driving force behind their Premier League title win.
The 25-year-old was rightfully named in the PFA Team of the Year while he was also named on the six-man shortlist for the PFA Player of the Year, so it’s safe to say he’s made a huge impact during his first 12 months in England.
It looks like Kante has also made an impression on Arsene Wenger as we’ve been strongly linked with a move for the French international in recent months as the boss looks to strengthen his midfield options this summer.
With Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini set to leave when their contracts expire next month, we need to sign a new defensive midfielder and French outlet RMC Sport claims Kante is the man Wenger wants.
The report says that Arsenal are now ready to trigger the player’s £20m release clause after meeting up with his agent on several occasions to discuss a potential move to the Emirates.
Leicester are understandably desperate to keep hold of top players like Kante this summer but if this talk of a release clause is accurate, then there is little the newly-crowned champions can do if we match the reported £20m figure.
That sort of money would be an absolute bargain for a player of Kante’s quality in today’s market and I think he’d be an excellent addition to the squad if we could pull it off.
Francis Coquelin has done a great job since breaking in to the side 18 months ago but we need more depth in the defensive midfield role and Kante would fit the bill perfectly.
Get this deal done Arsene!