- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
Arsenal have ‘agreement’ with Real Madrid over talented attacker
According to the Express, Arsenal have an agreement in place with Real Madrid to sit down and discuss a potential deal for Isco this summer but we could yet face competition from Manchester United.
Isco made his name at Malaga and earned himself a dream move to Madrid in the summer of 2013 where he enjoyed an encouraging debut season at the Bernabeu.
However, things haven’t quite gone to plan for the Spanish attacker over the past two seasons and he’s now found himself dropping down the pecking order, which has led to speculation that Isco could be on the move.
Arsenal were strongly linked with the 24-year-old last summer and while no deal took place at that time, it appears we did strike an agreement with Madrid that would see us hold negotiations over a potential deal this summer.
The Express cite Emanuele Giulianelli as confirming such an agreement is in place, however, any potential deal for Isco could yet be scuppered by Jose Mourinho as the Italian journalist suggests that the attacker may be tempted by a move to Old Trafford if the ‘Special One’ is in charge.
“I can tell you, there’s a sort of agreement between Real and Arsenal to sit down at the table in the summer,” Giulianelli is quoted as saying by the Express
“But the appeal of the Special One could convince the young Spanish player to join the Red Devils.”
Isco would be an excellent signing if we could lure him to the Emirates as he’d certainly be an upgrade on Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain – with the England international’s tipped to leave Arsenal this summer.
It’s no surprise to hear of our interest as he’s got the technical quality Arsene Wenger looks for in a player and he hasn’t quite fulfilled his potential at Real Madrid yet, so I’d love to see him join Arsenal.
But interest from United would be a concern, especially if Mourinho does replace Louis van Gaal this summer. Isco and Mourinho briefly worked together during their time at Madrid and United have the financial power to take him to Old Trafford.
Let’s hope this ‘agreement’ is real and we’ve got first dibs on Isco, and pray Wenger is able to persuade the attacker to come to North London this summer.