- Arsenal handed huge boost ahead of Bayern Munich showdown
- Confirmed: Arsenal boss charged with misconduct by FA
- Arsenal eyeing £34.5m deal for Portuguese international
- Arsenal trio surprisingly named in BBC Team of the Week
- Arsene Wenger could be banned for Arsenal’s crucial trip to Chelsea
- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
Arsenal have ‘agreement’ with Real Madrid over talented attacker
According to the Express, Arsenal have an agreement in place with Real Madrid to sit down and discuss a potential deal for Isco this summer but we could yet face competition from Manchester United.
Isco made his name at Malaga and earned himself a dream move to Madrid in the summer of 2013 where he enjoyed an encouraging debut season at the Bernabeu.
However, things haven’t quite gone to plan for the Spanish attacker over the past two seasons and he’s now found himself dropping down the pecking order, which has led to speculation that Isco could be on the move.
Arsenal were strongly linked with the 24-year-old last summer and while no deal took place at that time, it appears we did strike an agreement with Madrid that would see us hold negotiations over a potential deal this summer.
The Express cite Emanuele Giulianelli as confirming such an agreement is in place, however, any potential deal for Isco could yet be scuppered by Jose Mourinho as the Italian journalist suggests that the attacker may be tempted by a move to Old Trafford if the ‘Special One’ is in charge.
“I can tell you, there’s a sort of agreement between Real and Arsenal to sit down at the table in the summer,” Giulianelli is quoted as saying by the Express
“But the appeal of the Special One could convince the young Spanish player to join the Red Devils.”
Isco would be an excellent signing if we could lure him to the Emirates as he’d certainly be an upgrade on Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain – with the England international’s tipped to leave Arsenal this summer.
It’s no surprise to hear of our interest as he’s got the technical quality Arsene Wenger looks for in a player and he hasn’t quite fulfilled his potential at Real Madrid yet, so I’d love to see him join Arsenal.
But interest from United would be a concern, especially if Mourinho does replace Louis van Gaal this summer. Isco and Mourinho briefly worked together during their time at Madrid and United have the financial power to take him to Old Trafford.
Let’s hope this ‘agreement’ is real and we’ve got first dibs on Isco, and pray Wenger is able to persuade the attacker to come to North London this summer.