- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal tipped to bid for perfect midfield enforcer – report
According to a report in the Mirror, Arsenal are expected to table a formal offer for Leicester City midfielder N’Golo Kante this summer.
Kante has been in sensational form for Leicester since joining the club from Caen in a £5.6m deal last summer and his tireless displays have been a key driving force behind their shock Premier League title win – which was confirmed following Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Tottenham last night.
The French international was recently named in the PFA Team of the Season as well as being short-listed for the Player of the Year Award and his impressive form has understandably attracted interest from a number of top clubs.
Arsenal have been strongly linked with Kante in recent months and today the Mirror cite a report from L’Equipe which claims Arsene Wenger is a huge admirer of the he 25-year-old’s.
The French-based outlet suggest that a bid from Arsenal is expected this summer as Wenger is supposedly on the look-out for a new midfield enforcer and feels Kante is the perfect fit.
With Mikel Artete and Mathieu Flamini set to leave when their contracts expire next month, we’re going to need to bring in another defensive midfielder this summer and Kante would be an excellent signing.
Leicester will obviously do all they can to persuade him to remain at the King Power but boss Claudio Ranieri has already admitted they may struggle to keep hold of their best players and would have to consider any big offers that come their way.
A move from Arsenal for Kante wouldn’t be a surprise at all and I think he’d be the ideal player to protect the back four next season and he’d give us real depth in the holding role along with Francis Coquelin and Mohamed Elneny next season.