- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
Arsenal tipped to bid for perfect midfield enforcer – report
According to a report in the Mirror, Arsenal are expected to table a formal offer for Leicester City midfielder N’Golo Kante this summer.
Kante has been in sensational form for Leicester since joining the club from Caen in a £5.6m deal last summer and his tireless displays have been a key driving force behind their shock Premier League title win – which was confirmed following Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Tottenham last night.
The French international was recently named in the PFA Team of the Season as well as being short-listed for the Player of the Year Award and his impressive form has understandably attracted interest from a number of top clubs.
Arsenal have been strongly linked with Kante in recent months and today the Mirror cite a report from L’Equipe which claims Arsene Wenger is a huge admirer of the he 25-year-old’s.
The French-based outlet suggest that a bid from Arsenal is expected this summer as Wenger is supposedly on the look-out for a new midfield enforcer and feels Kante is the perfect fit.
With Mikel Artete and Mathieu Flamini set to leave when their contracts expire next month, we’re going to need to bring in another defensive midfielder this summer and Kante would be an excellent signing.
Leicester will obviously do all they can to persuade him to remain at the King Power but boss Claudio Ranieri has already admitted they may struggle to keep hold of their best players and would have to consider any big offers that come their way.
A move from Arsenal for Kante wouldn’t be a surprise at all and I think he’d be the ideal player to protect the back four next season and he’d give us real depth in the holding role along with Francis Coquelin and Mohamed Elneny next season.