- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
- Arsenal star a ‘major doubt’ for crucial Man City clash
- Arsenal make 24-year-old top target as Wenger eyes international
- Boss confirms Arsenal star is ruled out with hamstring injury
- Arsenal transfer plans: Out = £92m duo, In = 48-goal hitmen
- Brazilian superstar says he ‘admires’ Arsenal & wants to play in England
Ratings: Arsenal 1-0 Norwich: Welbeck rescues lackluster Gunners
Danny Welbeck scored the only goal of a dire game to secure Arsenal a 1-0 win over Norwich to move us up to third spot in the Premier League table.
These are my ratings:
Cech 7 – Made two decent saves to deny Redmond in the first half and was solid throughout.
Bellerin 6.5 – Full of running down the right side once again but not for the first time his final ball was lacking at times.
Mertesacker 6 – Forced off just after the break with a hamstring injury.
Koscielny 7 – Stood firm against a determined Norwich side and made some important interceptions.
Monreal 6 – Given some early problems by Redmond but improved as the game went on.
Elneny 6.5 – Another busy performance in the middle of the park, covering more ground than any other player, but not enough drive to get us moving forwards.
Ramsey 6.5 – Kept things simple but still well off his best form.
Sanchez 6 – A lively start but faded as the game went on and could barely get a touch in the second half before being substituted. And he walked straight down the tunnel.
Ozil 6 – Produced one of the passes of the season with a stunning ball for Sanchez but was otherwise frustrated.
Iwobi 6 – Was perhaps unfortunate to be the one taken off early in the second half as he was probably our best outfield player up to that point. Fans showed what they thought by loudly booing as he was taken off.
Giroud 5 – Awful first half and was lucky to stay on but justified the bosses decision with a lovely knockdown for Welbeck’s opener. Still looks devoid of confidence in front of goal.
Gabriel 7 – Great tackle to deny Mbokani an equaliser.
Welbeck 7.5 – Instant impact after opening the scoring with a fine low finish and worked his socks off.
Coquelin 5 – On to shore things up late on.