- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
Team News: Arsenal boss reveals huge double injury boost
Arsene Wenger has given Arsenal.com a team news update ahead of Arsenal’s Premier League clash with Norwich City this weekend.
We welcome the Canaries to the Emirates on Saturday evening desperately needing to pick up all three points and the boss has confirmed some positive team news.
Santi Cazorla is now considered fit and available for selection after getting two full weeks training under his belt having joined in with the rest of the squad earlier this month.
Wenger says he still hasn’t decided whether to include Santi in the squad to face Norwich but I have a feeling we’ll see the Spaniard named among the subs and hopefully he’ll be able to get some minutes under his belt.
In a double boost, Arsene also revealed that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been back in full training this week after stepping up his recovery from a knee injury.
The midfielder suffered his latest problem against Barcelona back in late February but the boss suggests that the Norwich game this weekend will come too soon, so The Ox may have to wait to make his comeback.
It means that we FINALLY have a full-fit squad with every player taking part in training at London Colney this week for the first time this season. Unfortunately it comes too late as we’ve little left to play for other than the ‘top four trophy’.
This is what Wenger told Arsenal.com:
on the team news…
Everyone is training, so that’s new for us. That’s the first time this season.
It’s Oxlade-Chamberlain’s first week in full training now, so I don’t think I will select him this weekend.
Santi might be in the squad this weekend, I don’t know yet. He is available. Everyone is available, but maybe Oxlade-Chamberlain is not competitive yet.