- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
Gunners legend urges Wenger to buy ‘Arsenal fan’ from Tottenham
Arsenal legend Ray Parlour has urged Arsene Wenger to make a cheeky move for Tottenham striker Harry Kane this summer because he’s an ‘Arsenal fan’.
Parlour, like most supporters, is crying out for Wenger to spend some serious money this summer after watching our title challenge collapse once again at the business end of the season.
As well as suggesting we need to sign a centre-back and midfielder, the ‘Romford Pele’ feels we need to bring in a top class striker to convert the record-breaking chances being created by Mesut Ozil and the former midfielder has a surprise target in mind.
Speaking on the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on talkSPORT today, Parlour urged Wenger to make a move for Tottenham’s Harry Kane, pointing to the fact that he’s a boyhood Arsenal fan.
When asked for his thoughts on Arsenal’s summer transfer business, Parlour said:
“I think we might need to spend £70million-£80million this summer to get the right players in to challenge next season.
“But they’re not too far away. I think Arsenal are just lacking two real big characters in midfield, they need a Tony Adams type player, like Mats Hummels, at centre-half and a top class striker, there’s no doubt about that.
“Look, I played with Ian Wright and Thierry Henry… we all know we need a top quality striker.
“Mesut Ozil has created more chances than any other player in the Premier League this season, so that just shows you he’s creating chances, but is there a man to finish them off?”
“Harry Kane, maybe? That’s who I’d go for. He’s an Arsenal fan!
“Have you seen the pictures of his in 2004 with an Arsenal shirt on? He’s one of our own!”
The photos Parlour is eluding to are shown above/below. One is of Kane during his time with the Arsenal youth side while the one below is of a chubby-faced Kane wearing an Arsenal shirt while celebrating our invincible year in 2004.
Tottenham fans can sign ‘he’s one of our own’ all they want, but the photos don’t lie. He was in an Arsenal shirt long before a Spurs one.
Obviously Kane’s allegiance will now be with Tottenham, and there is virtually NO chance we’d be able to sign him, but it’s still funny to wind that lot up…..well played Ray.