- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
- Arsenal star a ‘major doubt’ for crucial Man City clash
- Arsenal make 24-year-old top target as Wenger eyes international
- Boss confirms Arsenal star is ruled out with hamstring injury
- Arsenal transfer plans: Out = £92m duo, In = 48-goal hitmen
- Brazilian superstar says he ‘admires’ Arsenal & wants to play in England
Arsenal target £25m Premier League star as part of double swoop
The Mirror are carrying a report claiming that Arsene Wenger will try to land £25m-rated Leicester City attacker Riyad Mahrez this summer as part of a potential big-money double swoop.
Mahrez has been outstanding for Leicester this season and was rightly named as the PFA Player of the Year after helping the Foxes storm towards a likely Premier League title.
The 25-year-old has scored 18 goals and provided 10 assists in his 36 appearances in all competitions this season, making him one of the most dangerous attackers in the league this campaign.
Speculation linking the Algerian international with a move to Arsenal has been intensifying in recent weeks and the Mirror cite a report from the Sun which claims Wenger will try and lure him away from the King Power this summer.
The newspaper suggests that while Leicester are desperate to keep hold of Mahrez, they could be forced to do business at around £25m, which sounds like an excellent deal in today’s over inflated market.
Should we successfully lure Mahrez to the Emirates, I think he’ll come in as a direct replacement for Theo Walcott as the England international has endured a difficult season and I wouldn’t be surprised if he was sold this summer.
And we could make a double swoop on the champions-elect as the Mirror state that we’re also keen on midfielder N’Golo Kante, who’s also played a key role in Leicester’s march towards the title.
The French international has worked tirelessly in the middle of the park and with Arteta and Flamini set to leave in June, we need to bring in another central midfielder this summer.
I’d love to see Kante join Arsenal at the end of the season but the Foxes are no doubt going to do all they can to keep hold of him, so Arsene is also monitoring Granit Xhaka as a possible alternative.
The boss is under pressure to spend this summer after our latest title collapse and while there is a growing number of fans who want to see a new manager come in this summer, Wenger could win a few over if he could land Mahrez and Kante over the coming weeks.