- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
- [Video] Arsenal star out of Reading clash after sharing gym video
- Arsenal star surprisingly named in squad for Reading clash
- Preview: Arsenal v Reading, team news, 18yr old starts + prediction
- 4-2-3-1 v Reading: Perez & Jeff start – My Arsenal starting XI
- [Photos] Several youngsters join Ramsey & Giroud in Arsenal training
Arsenal lining-up move for 42-goal super star striker – report
A report in the Express claims that Arsenal are lining-up a sensational move for Paris Saint-Germain striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic this summer.
The Swedish international is set to leave the French champions when his contract runs out at the end of the season and understandably there is plenty of interest in his signature.
Practically every top team in Europe seems to have been touted as potential suitors in recent months ever since Ibra announced he’s likely to seek a new challenge this summer, and it looks as though you can add Arsenal to that list.
The Express are carrying a report today that claims Arsene Wenger is eyeing a sensational swoop for the 34-year-old as the boss finally looks to bring in a top class striker this summer.
Olivier Giroud has flopped in recent months having gone over 13 hours without finding the back of the net while Danny Welbeck and Theo Walcott have failed to prove they are the deadly front-man we’ve been missing in recent years.
Fans are crying out for Wenger to spend some of our vast cash reserves on a world class hitman and there aren’t many bigger names available than Ibrahimovic.
Despite his age, the Swede has netted an incredible 42 goals in 46 games in all competitions for PSG this season and that’s the kind of record we’ve sorely missed from our main striker ever since the days of RVP.
Wenger publicly denied his interest in Ibra last month but we know he likes to play his cards close to his chest so I wouldn’t be surprised if there was interest from our side.
The only potential problem could be his wages as Ibrahimovic is likely to demand HUGE sums given the fact he’s available on a free transfer, plus we’ll face stiff competition for his signature.
I’d love to see him leading our attack up front, even if it was just for one year. Put it this way, if we’d have had him this season I think we’d have walked the title.