- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Arsenal star named in Premier League Team of the Week
Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech has been named in the WhoScored? Premier League Team of the Week after his impressive display against Sunderland on Sunday afternoon.
Cech once again started in-between the sticks as we went looking for the win that would see us climb above Manchester City and reclaim third spot in the table.
Unfortunately, we put in another lethargic performance that lacked any real desire to get all three points and this led to Cech being called in to action more than he perhaps should have been.
The Czech international made 6 saves during the ninety minutes, including two excellent stops shortly after half-time, as relegation-threatened Sunderland pushed for the winner.
In the end, the game finished 0-0 but Cech’s impressive display in goal has earned him a rating of 7.6 which was the highest of any keeper in the league this past weekend, so he’s been named in the WhoScored? TOTW.
Laurent Koscielny came close to joining Cech in the side but he narrowly missed out with his rating of 7.83 falling just short of the 7.86 amassed by Sunderland defender Lamine Kone.
No attacking player got close to making the line-up as we were pretty awful at the weekend.
Check out the full side here: