- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Arsenal star named in Premier League Team of the Week
Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech has been named in the WhoScored? Premier League Team of the Week after his impressive display against Sunderland on Sunday afternoon.
Cech once again started in-between the sticks as we went looking for the win that would see us climb above Manchester City and reclaim third spot in the table.
Unfortunately, we put in another lethargic performance that lacked any real desire to get all three points and this led to Cech being called in to action more than he perhaps should have been.
The Czech international made 6 saves during the ninety minutes, including two excellent stops shortly after half-time, as relegation-threatened Sunderland pushed for the winner.
In the end, the game finished 0-0 but Cech’s impressive display in goal has earned him a rating of 7.6 which was the highest of any keeper in the league this past weekend, so he’s been named in the WhoScored? TOTW.
Laurent Koscielny came close to joining Cech in the side but he narrowly missed out with his rating of 7.83 falling just short of the 7.86 amassed by Sunderland defender Lamine Kone.
No attacking player got close to making the line-up as we were pretty awful at the weekend.
Check out the full side here: