- Arsenal team news: double blow ahead of Sunderland + Ramsey update
- Duo to miss key game: My 4-2-3-1 Arsenal line-up v Sunderland
- Arsenal blow: Attacker ruled out for 6 weeks with ankle injury
- Arsenal boss set to hand start to 23-year-old against Sunderland
- League Cup draw: Arsenal face Southampton in last 8
- [Photos] Alexis Sanchez reveals frustration after Ballon d’Or Snub
- [Tweets] Arsenal players celebrate on Twitter after beating Reading
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-0 Reading: The Ox & Gibbs Impress
- Video: Arsenal 2-0 Reading: Oxlade-Chamberlain double sinks Royals
- Teams: Arsenal v Reading: Jeff & Perez start
Video: Sunderland 0-0 Arsenal: Sanchez denied in bore draw
Arsenal are in real danger of missing out on the top four after being held to a 0-0 draw by Sunderland at the Stadium of Light this afternoon.
Both sides could have had penalties in the first half, Mertesacker fortunate to get away with handling in the area before Iwobi’s goal-bound effort struck the arm of Yedlin, but neither were given.
Sanchez also came close to breaking the deadlock as his lovely free-kick was well saved by Mannone but it was a rare glimpse at goal during what was largely a dull game. Cach made a few decent saves to keep us in it as well.
The result leaves us level on points with Man City but they have a much better goal difference, while Man Utd are five points adrift with a game in hand.
Watch video ‘highlights’ of the game here: