- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
Video: Sunderland 0-0 Arsenal: Sanchez denied in bore draw
Arsenal are in real danger of missing out on the top four after being held to a 0-0 draw by Sunderland at the Stadium of Light this afternoon.
Both sides could have had penalties in the first half, Mertesacker fortunate to get away with handling in the area before Iwobi’s goal-bound effort struck the arm of Yedlin, but neither were given.
Sanchez also came close to breaking the deadlock as his lovely free-kick was well saved by Mannone but it was a rare glimpse at goal during what was largely a dull game. Cach made a few decent saves to keep us in it as well.
The result leaves us level on points with Man City but they have a much better goal difference, while Man Utd are five points adrift with a game in hand.
Watch video ‘highlights’ of the game here: