- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
- Arsenal star a ‘major doubt’ for crucial Man City clash
- Arsenal make 24-year-old top target as Wenger eyes international
- Boss confirms Arsenal star is ruled out with hamstring injury
- Arsenal transfer plans: Out = £92m duo, In = 48-goal hitmen
- Brazilian superstar says he ‘admires’ Arsenal & wants to play in England
Ratings: Sanchez & Cech impress for Arsenal during dull 0-0 draw
Arsenal are in real danger of missing out on the top four after being held to a 0-0 draw by Sunderland at the Stadium of Light this afternoon.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 7.5 – Made several good saves in the second half to keep it at 0-0 as Sunderland grew in confidence.
Bellerin 6.5 – Poor headed clearance almost cost a goal in the first half. Otherwise solid but crosses were poor again.
Mertesacker 6.5 – Handled in the area after turning his back on a Defoe shot and was turned too easily by the striker at times.
Koscielny 7 – Made a superb interception to prevent a goal before inexplicably ducking out of a header in his six yard box from a corner.
Monreal 7 – Poor delivery at times but was solid at the back and got involved going forwards.
Ramsey 6 – Full of energy but had limited impact as most of his passes went sideways. We needed him to be a driving force in midfield, but he wasn’t.
Elneny 7 – Another solid display at the base of midfield. Protected the back four and kept things moving.
Sanchez 7.5 – Saw a free-kick well saved and had a header cleared off the line. The best of our front line. Which wasn’t difficult.
Ozil 6 – Rather subdued by his own very high standards. Passed the ball around nicely and created a few chances but none were taken.
Iwobi 6 – Frustrating afternoon for the youngster. Worked hard and saw a fair amount of the ball but wasn’t on top of his game.
Giroud 4.5 – Poor hold up play and offered no threat in front of goal. A hugely disappointing display from the Frenchman, who’s supposed to be fighting to regain his first team place.
Walcott 6 – Put in a couple of decent crosses but what on earth was he doing when he jumped over the ball with an open goal awaiting?
Welbeck 6 – Tested Mannone from the edge of the area but couldn’t break the deadlock.
Wilshere 6 – Great to see him back and get 10 minutes under his belt.