- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Ratings: Sanchez & Cech impress for Arsenal during dull 0-0 draw
Arsenal are in real danger of missing out on the top four after being held to a 0-0 draw by Sunderland at the Stadium of Light this afternoon.
Here are my ratings:
Cech 7.5 – Made several good saves in the second half to keep it at 0-0 as Sunderland grew in confidence.
Bellerin 6.5 – Poor headed clearance almost cost a goal in the first half. Otherwise solid but crosses were poor again.
Mertesacker 6.5 – Handled in the area after turning his back on a Defoe shot and was turned too easily by the striker at times.
Koscielny 7 – Made a superb interception to prevent a goal before inexplicably ducking out of a header in his six yard box from a corner.
Monreal 7 – Poor delivery at times but was solid at the back and got involved going forwards.
Ramsey 6 – Full of energy but had limited impact as most of his passes went sideways. We needed him to be a driving force in midfield, but he wasn’t.
Elneny 7 - Another solid display at the base of midfield. Protected the back four and kept things moving.
Sanchez 7.5 – Saw a free-kick well saved and had a header cleared off the line. The best of our front line. Which wasn’t difficult.
Ozil 6 – Rather subdued by his own very high standards. Passed the ball around nicely and created a few chances but none were taken.
Iwobi 6 – Frustrating afternoon for the youngster. Worked hard and saw a fair amount of the ball but wasn’t on top of his game.
Giroud 4.5 - Poor hold up play and offered no threat in front of goal. A hugely disappointing display from the Frenchman, who’s supposed to be fighting to regain his first team place.
Walcott 6 – Put in a couple of decent crosses but what on earth was he doing when he jumped over the ball with an open goal awaiting?
Welbeck 6 – Tested Mannone from the edge of the area but couldn’t break the deadlock.
Wilshere 6 – Great to see him back and get 10 minutes under his belt.