- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Arsenal agree personal terms with £35m-rated international – report
It looks like Arsenal have moved a step close to the signing of Granit Xhaka with the Express reporting that we’ve now agreed personal terms with the £35m-rated midfielder.
Despite growing unrest among the fanbase following a frustrating campaign, Arsene Wenger is set to stay on as manager and see out the final year of his contract and it appears he’s already pressing ahead with his summer plans.
Xhaka has emerged as a key target and has been strongly linked with a move to the Emirates in recent months after admitting he was keen on trying his luck in the Premier League.
The 23-year-old recently admitted that it was his childhood dream to play in England.
“I think everybody has a dream [to play in the Premier League]. Everybody has a childhood dream and that’s my childhood dream.” Xhaka is quoted as saying by the Express
The Daily Mail reported last weekend that Arsenal chiefs were confident of completing a deal for the Swiss international as Arsene Wenger looks to strengthen his midfield options this summer.
It looks like a deal is now edging closer as the Express claim that we’ve now agreed personal terms with Xhaka’s camp over a potential switch to North London.
All that remains is for us to agree a fee and the newspaper says that Wenger is trying to persuade Borussia Monchengladbach to reduce their £35m asking price.
We’ll have to see whether the Bundesliga outfit will be willing to do so but Xhaka would be an excellent signing if we can pull it off. With Arteta and Flamini both set to leave in June we need to bring in at least one central midfielder this summer and the Swiss star would fit the bill nicely.
Xhaka is an established international who’s known for his passing ability as well as his superb leadership skills – which is something we’ve lacked for many years – so he sounds like he’d be a great addition to the squad.
With Xhaka on board, we’d have real depth in the middle of the park and would finally be able to cope when the inevitable injury crisis hits next season. Ramsey, Cazorla and Wilshere ruled out with long term injuries? No problem, we’d still have Xhaka, Elneny and Coquelin to call upon!
Let’s get this deal tied up early…..