- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
[Video] Jack Wilshere scores for Arsenal U21’s against West Brom
In what has been a horrendous week for Arsenal Football Club there was finally some positive news as Jack Wilshere continued his comeback after scoring for the under-21’s on Monday.
Wilshere has been building up his match fitness for the youth side in recent weeks having returned to full training at the start of the month and he once again started as Steve Gating’s side looked to seal automatic promotion against the Baggies yesterday.
After a bit of an injury scare just before half time when Wilshere received treatment for a knee problem, the midfielder emerged after the break to draw Arsenal level at 1-1.
Wilshere latched on to a fine pass inside the box and his powerful left-foot strike proved too much for the West Brom keeper as Jack scored his first goal for almost eleven months.
Unfortunately we went on to lose the game and will now have to come through a play off to secure promotion back to the top flight, but the return of Wilshere is still a huge silver lining.
We’ll have to wait and see whether Wenger thinks the 24-year-old is now deemed fit enough to return to the first team fold but we could see Wilshere named on the bench for Thursday night’s Premier League visit of West Brom.
Watch Jack’s goal here:
In case you missed it, here's Jack Wilshere's goal for the U21s against West Brom last night pic.twitter.com/qSbqZO21kd
— Terje (@ArsenalTerje) April 19, 2016