- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
Chilean star confirms desire to link-up with Alexis Sanchez
According to the Mirror, Arturo Vidal has expressed his desire to link-up with Chilean international team mate Alexis Sanchez at club level.
The pair have enjoyed a excellent understanding on the pitch at international level having progressed together since playing for the Chilean under-20’s.
Vidal has now confirmed he’d love to play alongside Sanchez at club level but unfortunately that doesn’t mean the Bayern Munich man is keen to leave the Allianz and come to Arsenal.
Instead, Vidal is urging Sanchez to quit the Emirates just two years after joining from Barcelona and make the move to Bayern this summer.
When asked about Sanchez joining Bayern, Vidal is quoted as saying by the Mirror:
“We have played together since playing for the Under-20s, so it would be nice to play with him again,”
The midfielder’s comments come amid newspaper speculation linking Alexis with the German giants with in-coming boss Carlo Ancelotti supposedly making our No.17 one of his prime transfer targets.
This is going to be a pivotal summer for both Sanchez and Mesut Ozil as they both have two years left to run on their contracts. The club are understandably desperate for them to commit their long-term future’s by signing extensions but so far nothing has been agreed.
There are growing concerns that they might refuse new deals and look for a new challenge after a hugely disappointing season. If that were to happen, then Arsenal may be forced to cash-in this summer before their value drops and Vidal may get his wish to play with Alexis at Bayern.
However, I actually think both Ozil and Sanchez will end up signing new contracts this summer. Neither player appears unhappy and we haven’t heard the usual rubbish from agents if a player is angling for a move.
But until those contracts are signed, we’ll have to put up with the speculation….