- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
- Arsenal set to table formal bid for Euro 2016 winner
- Arsenal boss held talks with £52m midfielder in Paris hotel
- Arsenal tipped to pay buyout fee for international attacker
- Referee’s announced for Arsenal’s games vs Man City & West Ham
- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
[Photos] Injury scare as Jack Wilshere picks up knock for U21’s
Arsene Wenger will have been holding his hands over his eyes as Jack Wilshere went down clutching his leg while playing for the Arsenal under-21’s tonight.
Wilshere has featured for the development side in recent weeks as he looks to build up his match fitness having finally recovered from a fractured fibula that he suffered back in pre-season.
The hope was that Jack could get another 90 minutes under his belt as the under-21’s looked to secure promotion back to the top flight with a win over West Brom at the Emirates.
However, the midfielder went down holding his right leg shortly before half-time and required lengthy treatment from the clubs physio before hobbling to his feet.
The good news is Wilshere was fine to continue playing after the restart and as I write this, he’s just scored the equaliser to make it 1-1!
Let’s hope we don’t get any unwanted surprises after the game with regards to the potential injury as it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve let a player carry on while injured.
Here are some photos of Wilshere after picking up his knock tonight: