- Arsenal contract talks update: Wilshere, The Ox, Ozil, Alexis & more
- Barcelona midfielder confirms approach from Arsenal
- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
[Photos] Injury scare as Jack Wilshere picks up knock for U21′s
Arsene Wenger will have been holding his hands over his eyes as Jack Wilshere went down clutching his leg while playing for the Arsenal under-21′s tonight.
Wilshere has featured for the development side in recent weeks as he looks to build up his match fitness having finally recovered from a fractured fibula that he suffered back in pre-season.
The hope was that Jack could get another 90 minutes under his belt as the under-21′s looked to secure promotion back to the top flight with a win over West Brom at the Emirates.
However, the midfielder went down holding his right leg shortly before half-time and required lengthy treatment from the clubs physio before hobbling to his feet.
The good news is Wilshere was fine to continue playing after the restart and as I write this, he’s just scored the equaliser to make it 1-1!
Let’s hope we don’t get any unwanted surprises after the game with regards to the potential injury as it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve let a player carry on while injured.
Here are some photos of Wilshere after picking up his knock tonight: