- Wenger criticises Arsenal star after poor display v Burnley
- [Video] Arsenal boss pushes official in tunnel following sending off
- [Player Ratings] Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Xhaka flops, Sanchez shines
- Video: Arsenal 2-1 Burnley: Last Gasp Sanchez panenka pen wins it
- Teams: Arsenal v Burnley: Bellerin on bench, Gabriel starts
- Preview: Arsenal v Burnley, team news, Giroud out + prediction
- [Photos] Injured Arsenal man snapped back in training today
- “It’s possible” – World class Arsenal target drops hint over move
- Confirmed: FA announce key Arsenal star has signed new contract
- [Photo] Banner of Alexis Sanchez’s dogs installed at Emirates
Arsenal ready to pounce for 26-goal hitman this summer
According to the Daily Mail, Arsenal are ready to renew their interest in Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema this summer as Arsene Wenger looks to finally get his hands on a world class striker.
Despite the current unrest among the Arsenal fanbase following another ridiculous title challenge collapse, Arsene is still expected to keep his job and see-out the final year of his contract [at least].
The newspapers have been talking-up our supposed ‘warchest’ and say that Wenger is ready to splash some serious cash to try and build a title-winning squad in what is likely to be his final year at the Emirates.
While a midfielder is thought to be a priority, the Daily Mail claim that Wenger is also keen to sign a world class striker and is ready to renew his long-standing interest in Karim Benzema.
The French international has long been linked with a move to the Emirates but with Real Madrid tipped to sign either Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang or Robert Lewandowski this summer, it would finally open the door for Wenger to get his hands on Benzema.
The former Lyon striker has endured a difficult time off the field after being caught up in a sex-tape scandal involving France team mate Mathieu Valbuena but he’s still been a hit on the pitch having scored 26 goals in just 30 games so far.
We could certainly do with that kind of threat in front of goal as we’ve been crying out for a top class front-man for well over four years now, and the Daily Mail claim that Wenger is ready to make enquiries over a potential deal.
The only way I can see Madrid selling is if they can sign a replacement first so we’ll have to wait and see if they can land either Aubameyang or Lewandowski over the coming months. If they do, then I genuinely beleive a deal for Benzema could be on.
Would he be enough to turn us into champions next season? Probably not, but he’d be an excellent start!