- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury concern + Sanchez update
- 6 Arsenal players named in the Champions League Team of the Week
- [Tweets] Ozil, Ox & more: Arsenal players celebrate after CL win
- [Video] Mesut Ozil arrives home with his hat-trick match ball
- Ratings: Hat-trick hero Ozil shines as Arsenal thrash Ludogorets
- Video: Arsenal 6-0 Ludogorets: Ozil bags hat-trick in rout
- Teams: Arsenal v Ludogorets: Gibbs & Coquelin start
- [Tweet] Arsenal ace ‘can’t wait’ to play as he closes in on comeback
Arsenal ready to make concrete offer for Riyad Mahrez
According to reports in France, Arsenal are ready to launch a formal move for Leicester City attacker Riyad Mahrez over the coming weeks.
Mahrez has been one of the seasons star performers in a Leicester City side that are storming to a shock Premier League title with the Foxes currently eight points clear at the top of the table.
The Algerian international has scored 17 goals and provided 10 assists in his 35 appearances so far and has been named on a six-man short list for the PFA Player of the Year.
Understandably that kind of firm is attracting interest from the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid but the Metro are citing a report coming out of France that claims Arsenal are now ready to step-up their interest in the attacker.
The report suggests that Arsene Wenger is keen to bring Mahrez to the Emirates this summer and is now ready to launch a concrete offer for the 25-year-old’s services within the next few weeks.
Leicester will no doubt be desperate to hang on to Mahrez but Claudio Ranieri has already admitted they may struggle to keep hold of their best players if the big clubs come calling with tempting offers.
It’s been another hugely frustrating season at Arsenal but let’s face it, Wenger is going to stay on for at least the final year of his contract, despite growing calls for him to leave his position this summer.
Hopefully the Frenchman is going to spend some money and really have a go at the Premier League title next year, and Mahrez would be an excellent addition if he could pull it off.
Fans are rightly frustrated but the boss would buy himself some time if he could get a couple of early deals wrapped-up, with Granit Xhaka another player who’s hotly tipped to make the move to North London.