- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
[Tweet] Jack says he’s taken ‘massive step’ towards Arsenal comeback
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere has taken to social media to confirm he’s ‘feeling good’ after taking a ‘massive step’ towards making his first team comeback.
Wilshere has endured another hugely frustrating campaign that’s seen him miss the entire season so far after struggling to recover from a fractured fibula that he sustained in pre-season.
The 24-year-old returned to full training earlier this month and made his first appearance of the season after turning out for the under-21′s against Newcastle United last Friday night.
Jack stepped-up his recovery even further after playing the full ninety minutes for the under-21′s against Swansea on Thursday afternoon and the midfielder has now taken to Twitter and Instagram to reflect on the game.
Wilshere says it was a ‘massive step’ for him to come through ninety minutes as he looks to regain full match fitness and says he’s ‘feeling good’ ahead of a potential return to the squad.
Arsene Wenger confirmed at his press conference this morning that Jack will play for the under-21′s again on Monday but could then be back in contention for the first team against West Brom the following Thursday.
It will be a huge boost to have Jack back as he’s been a big miss this season. Sadly his return has come too late to help us win the title but hopefully he can spur us on to finishing above Tottenham.
Another massive step on my way back to full fitness. My first 90 minutes in 10 months. Feeling good. Thanks for the… pic.twitter.com/ecYCARLeYA
— Jack Wilshere (@JackWilshere) April 15, 2016