- Arsenal handed major injury boost ahead of Man City clash
- Arsenal legend responds to reports he’ll replace Arsene Wenger
- Wenger: Barca star ‘had agreement’ to join Arsenal
- Mesut Ozil picks up fresh injury concern on international duty
- Arsenal star explains why Sanchez/Ozil haven’t signed new deals
- Arsene Wenger offers injury update on Alexis Sanchez
- Arsenal ready to snap-up Barca attacker for £25m [Times]
- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
Paul Merson states his prediction for Arsenal v Palace
Former Arsenal winger Paul Merson has made his prediction ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Crystal Palace this weekend and is backing us to secure all three points.
We welcome the Eagles to the Emirates on Sunday afternoon needing to immediately get back to winning ways after last weekend’s disappointing 3-3 draw at West Ham.
We’re now 13 points adrift of leaders Leicester and even though we have a game in hand, our chances of lifting the title are all-but over for another season, despite Arsene Wenger suggesting it’s not over yet.
The main focus now has to be finishing above Tottenham – who are six points ahead at present – so we need to beat Palace to close the gap to three points ahead of their trip to Stoke on Monday.
Former Arsenal attacker Merson has now offered his prediction and is tipping us to comfortably beat Alan Padrew’s side on Sunday as the pressure is off us while Palace have little left to play for in the league.
Writing in his column for Sky Sports, Merson wrote:
Arsenal are the best team in the world when the pressure is off. They will win this game because Crystal Palace are now in a position where they can afford to rest players ahead of the FA Cup semi-final.
They can lose this game heavily, it won’t matter. The manager, the players and the fans will move on to Wembley. Arsenal will win this game.
PAUL PREDICTS: 3-0
I’m not too sure that the pressure is entirely off Arsenal just yet as I’d hope the players know just how important it is that we finish above Spurs, but I get what Merse is saying about Palace.
They are now on 38 points, which is 11 clear of the bottom three with just five games remaining, so I think they are safe now and can concentrate on the FA Cup. Hopefully that will mean an easy win for us this weekend.