- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal eye triple swoop + Wenger confident of signing midfielder
According to a report in the Mirror, Arsenal are eyeing a triple swoop for Riechedly Bazoer, Ben Chilwell and Ryan Sessegnon while we’re also understood to be confident of landing Granit Xhaka.
We’ve endured a hugely disappointing campaign but despite calls from large sections of the fanbase for Wenger to leave, the Frenchman is almost certain to see out the final year of his deal and it looks like it’s going to be a busy summer at Arsenal.
The Mirror claim that we’ve stepped-up our interest in Ajax sensation Bazoer after sending chief scout Steve Rowley to watch the 19-year-old attacker in action this month.
Bazoer is one of the most sought-after youngsters in European football and with the likes of Barcelona, Chelsea and Tottenham also on the case, the newspaper says Wenger could now be ready to make a formal move.
In what could be a triple swoop for three young talents, the Mirror also claim that we’re targetting Leicester City’s 19-year-old full-back Ben Chilwell and 16-year-old Fulham left-winger Ryan Sessegnon this summer as Arsene looks to re-shape the youth element of the squad.
But where are the proven players, I hear you cry?! Well the report states that Wenger will also look to bring in some established first team players and is ‘very confident’ of signing Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Granit Xhaka.
In addition, the boss is hoping to bring in a striker and a new defender with Alvarto Morata and Kostas Manolas among our targets this summer.
To make room for all these new players, Arteta, Flamini and Rosicky are certain to leave while it’s thought Arsene is ready to listen to offers for the likes of Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Mertesacker and Chambers.
It certainly sounds like it’s gearing up to be a hectic summer at the Emirates but I can’t say I’m surprised after the year we’ve had, with the players capitulating since the turn of the year to throw away our chance of lifting the title.
A squad overhaul is needed so let’s just hope we act early and manage to land some of our key targets….