- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
Team News: Wenger offers update on Wilshere, Cazorla & The Ox
Arsene Wenger has offered a team news update ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Crystal Palace and has given the latest on Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Tomas Rosicky.
The boss revealed that Oxlade-Chamberlain and Cazorla are still working on their fitness but the midfield duo should be back in full training next week.
The Ox has been out with a knee injury since our Champions League first leg defeat to Barcelona at the end of February while Cazorla has been on the sidelines since undergoing surgery on a knee ligament injury in November.
However, the duo have been working hard on their fitness in recent weeks with individual training sessions at London Colney and are now close to returning to full training with the rest of the squad.
The Ox might be able to make his first team comeback towards the end of the month but Cazorla has been out for six months so he’s going to need some time to really work on his match fitness, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays for the under-21′s before he’s considered for the first team.
Wenger also gave the latest on Wilshere and Rosicky by confirming they’ll step-up their comeback’s by playing for the under-21′s again later today having successfully come through a run-out for the development side last Friday.
If both players come through tonight’s match unscathed, there’s a chance they could be available for the first team against West Brom next Thursday.
Wenger told Arsenal.com:
on Oxlade-Chamberlain and Cazorla…
Next week they will be back maybe, they are not back in full training yet. They are still on fitness work.
on Wilshere and Rosicky…
Jack and Tomas are playing today for the under-21s. They have had no reaction from last Friday’s game and they look alright.
on other team news…
From last Saturday’s game against West Ham, we should have everyone available who was in the squad.