- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
- Team News: Arsene Wenger offers update on Ramsey & Giroud
- Arsenal boss confirms defender could leave in January
- 4-2-3-1 v Boro: Iwobi & Cazorla out? My Arsenal starting XI
Team News: Wenger offers update on Wilshere, Cazorla & The Ox
Arsene Wenger has offered a team news update ahead of Arsenal’s clash with Crystal Palace and has given the latest on Jack Wilshere, Santi Cazorla, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Tomas Rosicky.
The boss revealed that Oxlade-Chamberlain and Cazorla are still working on their fitness but the midfield duo should be back in full training next week.
The Ox has been out with a knee injury since our Champions League first leg defeat to Barcelona at the end of February while Cazorla has been on the sidelines since undergoing surgery on a knee ligament injury in November.
However, the duo have been working hard on their fitness in recent weeks with individual training sessions at London Colney and are now close to returning to full training with the rest of the squad.
The Ox might be able to make his first team comeback towards the end of the month but Cazorla has been out for six months so he’s going to need some time to really work on his match fitness, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays for the under-21′s before he’s considered for the first team.
Wenger also gave the latest on Wilshere and Rosicky by confirming they’ll step-up their comeback’s by playing for the under-21′s again later today having successfully come through a run-out for the development side last Friday.
If both players come through tonight’s match unscathed, there’s a chance they could be available for the first team against West Brom next Thursday.
Wenger told Arsenal.com:
on Oxlade-Chamberlain and Cazorla…
Next week they will be back maybe, they are not back in full training yet. They are still on fitness work.
on Wilshere and Rosicky…
Jack and Tomas are playing today for the under-21s. They have had no reaction from last Friday’s game and they look alright.
on other team news…
From last Saturday’s game against West Ham, we should have everyone available who was in the squad.