- Arsenal offer defender lucrative contract ahead of summer move
- Arsenal boss offers update on Sanchez & Ozil contract situations
- Arsenal suffer huge injury blow, star to miss crucial games
- International star responds to Arsenal move reports
- [Photos] Arsenal star trains despite ligament injury fears
- Arsenal star a ‘major doubt’ for crucial Man City clash
- Arsenal make 24-year-old top target as Wenger eyes international
- Boss confirms Arsenal star is ruled out with hamstring injury
- Arsenal transfer plans: Out = £92m duo, In = 48-goal hitmen
- Brazilian superstar says he ‘admires’ Arsenal & wants to play in England
Arsenal to sign French star this summer, claims Times journalist
Henry Winter got Arsenal fans all excited last night after suggesting that Leicester City midfielder N’Golo Kante is set to join Arsenal this summer.
The Times journalist was a guest speaker at the Arsenal Supporters Trust meeting on Monday night and as well as giving his thoughts on a wide range of topics, Winter made the claim that Kante is likely to move to the Emirates at the end of the season.
The journo suggested that Leicester will struggle to keep hold of their star names after enjoying a sensational campaign and mentioned that Kante and Riyad Mahrez were two of the most likely players to depart, with the French midfielder heading to Arsenal.
Fans who were in attendance were tweeting live from the meeting and understandably those on Twitter were soon getting excited by the thought of Kante in our midfielder next season.
The 25-year-old has been outstanding at the heart of Leicester’s midfield this year with his tireless displays being a key reason behind the Foxes shock march towards the Premier League title.
Understandably, Kante’s performances have attracted interest from a whole host of clubs with Arsenal among those who’ve been strongly linked, and Claudio Ranieri admitted last month that City would listen if a big club comes in with an attractive offer this summer.
With Arteta moving in to a coaching role and Flamini set to leave when his contract expires in June, we certainly need to bring in another holding midfielder and I’d love to see Kante brought in.
Arsene Wenger has come under fire following a hugely frustrating season but let’s be realistic, he’s going to see out the final year of his contract and at least it would be a statement of intent if he does end up signing Kante.
Winter didn’t give any indication as to why he feels Kante will join Arsenal. It could just have been a throw-away comment, but he is one of the most respected journalists around and he’s known to have good ties with the top clubs, so let’s hope he’s got some concrete inside info to back up this claim.
Henry Winter says off the cuff without giving it second thought that "Kante will probably come to Arsenal next year"
— AFC_Andrew (@PR_WhoRu) April 11, 2016
HW suggests that Leicester City will lose likes of Mahrez and Kante, with the latter joining Arsenal.
— FK² (@fkhanage) April 11, 2016