- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Arsenal midfielder linked with surprise switch to Man City or Spurs
According to the Mirror, Arsenal midfielder Mikel Arteta is being lined-up with a surprise move to Manchester City or Tottenham Hotspur this summer.
Arteta has endured a nightmare season with a troublesome calf injury restricting him to making just a handful of appearances for the first team.
With his contract set to expire in June, the 34-year-old is expected to announce his retirement from the game and has already been planning to step in to coaching by taking his badges this season.
Arteta has also been working with the Arsenal youth academy and has been seen talking heavily with Arsene Wenger during first team training sessions, but the midfielder isn’t expected to move in to a permanent coaching role at the club.
However, it looks as though Mikel is going to be offered the chance to work with one of our rivals as the Mirror claim that he could be heading for Man City or Tottenham.
The paper says that in-coming Man City boss Pep Guardiola wants Arteta to join him at the Etihad this summer. The two remain close friends after coming through the Barcelona academy and the newspaper suggests that Arteta could now form part of Guardiola’s back room staff at City next season.
However, the Mirror claim that Spurs are also an option as boss Mauricio Pochettino enjoyed an excellent relationship with Arteta during their time together at PSG and could now offer him a chance to move across to our North London rivals.
It will be disappointing to lose Arteta, especially to a rival, as I think he’s got all the qualities to be an excellent coach but if Arsene doesn’t see a place for him at Arsenal then good luck to him wherever he ends up. Of the two, lets hope he opts for City….