- Arsenal boss lining-up big-money offer for Serie A hitman
- Arsenal star commits future to club after agreeing new contract
- Arsenal trio set to return + positive update on attacker
- Attacker hints at surprise move back to Arsenal
- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
Arsenal star named in Premier League Team of the Week
Arsenal youngster Alex Iwobi has been named in the WhoScored Premier League Team of the Week after another impressive run-out this past weekend.
Iwobi has enjoyed a sensational start to 2016 having broken in to the first team in recent months and the 19-year-old continued his excellent form with another superb display during our 3-3 draw with West Ham.
Alex provided the assist for Mesut Ozil’s 18th minute opener and was at it again as he teed-up Alexis Sanchez for our second midway through the first half at Upton Park.
Sadly, we capitulated and ended up drawing 3-3 against the Hammers but the result shouldn’t overshadow what was another hugely impressive shift from Iwobi and he’s been recognised with a place in the WhoScored Team of the Week after earning a rating of 8.46.
Laurent Koscielny was on the score-sheet against the Hammers but he was unlucky to miss out on a place in the TOTW despite his rating of 8.43 while Alexis Sanchez also narrowly missed out with a score of 8.02.
It was obviously a thrilling game at Upton Park but sadly the draw combined with a win for Leicester on Sunday has almost certainly ended our title hopes for another year.
Anyway, congratulations Iwobi, here is the full team of the week: