- Arsenal ready to move for £40m Spaniard, Liverpool also keen
- Arsenal eye move for Czech Republic star – Coquelin replacement?
- Fixture change: Arsenal v Man Utd clash rescheduled for live TV
- Arsenal boss confirms key man has been ruled out for the season
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Cech, Sanchez, Ozil & Perez
- “I’m happy in London” – Sanchez offers huge update on Arsenal future
- Arsenal star to be given fitness check ahead of Man City clash
- Revealed: When Wenger will announce his Arsenal future [report]
- [Video] Chile 3-1 Venezuela: Arsenal’s Sanchez scores stunner
- Huge update on Alexis Sanchez’s future at Arsenal
Arsenal set their sights on Ligue 1 midfielder, club ready to sell
According to a report in the Mirror, Arsenal have set their sights on signing Mario Lemina this summer with cash-strapped Marseille ready to cash-in on the midfielder.
Lemina joined Marseille from Lorient in 2013 and was heralded as one of French football’s hottest young properties with the youngster playing for the French U21’s before pledging his allegiance to his native Gabon.
The midfielder was sent out on loan to Juventus last summer but has struggled to establish himself in Italy having made just five appearances in Serie A this term – although he has managed to score twice for the Turin giants.
Juve have the option to make the move permanent this summer but are highly unlikely to exercise that clause meaning Lemina will head back to Marseille where he’s facing an uncertain future.
The Ligue 1 club are in financial difficulties and the Mirror are citing reports coming from French outlet Le10 Sport that claim they’ll look to cash-in on the 22-year-old this summer.
The newspaper suggests that Arsenal have now ‘set their sights’ on signing Lemina with Arsene Wenger drawing-up his list of summer transfer targets as he looks to rebuild following a frustrating campaign.
However, it looks like we’ll face stiff competition as it’s claimed that Leicester, Sevilla, Borussia Dortmund, Napoli and Valencia are also among the clubs keen on signing the talented midfielder.
Lemina’s primary position is as a defensive midfielder and with Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini set to leave when their contracts expire in June, we certainly need to bring in at least one new holding player but we’ll have to wait and see whether the Marseille youngster is the man we end up going for.