- Wenger to hand attacker first start of the season against Reading
- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
Ratings: Iwobi stars again as Arsenal draw 3-3 with West Ham
Arsenal’s slim title hopes are all-but over after blowing a two-goal lead to draw 3-3 with West Ham in a thriller at Upton Park this afternoon.
Goals from Ozil and Alexis put us in total control but a quick fire hat-trick from Andy Carroll saw West Ham turn things around before Koscielny secured a point with an equaliser in the 70th minute.
Here are my ratings:
Ospina 6.5 - Not particularly at fault for any of the goals but Cech commands his box much better than Ospina and that could have been important against Carroll’s threat. Made a couple of decent saves though.
Bellerin 7 - Got forward on several occasions and did well up against Payet defensively.
Gabriel 5 - Should have done better to prevent the second Carroll goal and really struggled up against the powerful Hammer’s striker.
Koscielny 6 - Another who failed to deal with Carroll’s presence. Perhaps we needed Mertesacker in the team today. Kos did get the equaliser though.
Monreal 5.5 - Failed to track Carroll for his first and didn’t stop the cross which led to the third. Almost scored though as he saw a decent strike cleared off the line.
Coquelin 6 - Looked good when we were on top during the opening 40 minutes but was subbed off early in the second half when 3-2 down.
Elneny 7 - Another impressive all-round display from the Egyptian international. Really growing in to his role.
Ozil 7 - Back among the goals with a fine finish to open the scoring and was involved in much of our good attacking play once again.
Iwobi 8 - Another two superb assists for the talented youngster. Showed his versatility after playing in at least two different roles today.
Alexis 7 - Cool finish to make it 2-0 but the frustrating side of Alexis was also on show as he slowed down attacks by holding on to the ball for too long at times.
Welbeck 6 - Wasn’t at his best up front as although his movement caused a few problems, he wasn’t much of a threat.
Ramsey 6 – Great to see him back and showed a couple of nice touches.
Giroud 6 – Added a physical presence which we needed against the Hammers but couldn’t find the winner.