- No Sanchez but Arsenal duo named in Premier League Team of the Week
- [Video] Alexis Sanchez confirms he’s ‘really happy’ at Arsenal
- Arsenal rocked: Wenger fears star’s season is over following surgery
- Preview: Swansea v Arsenal, team news, line-up & prediction
- Arsenal’s FA Cup clash selected for live TV, date & time confirmed
- [Photos] Injured duo join new signing in Arsenal training today
- Wenger confirms duo could leave Arsenal this month
- Arsenal star ruled out for 2 games after Wenger confirms setback
- Team news: Arsenal duo ruled out but key quartet return for Swansea
- Arsenal doing battle with Spurs to sign German attacker – reports
Wenger offers positive injury update on two key Arsenal players
Arsene Wenger has offered an update on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Santi Cazorla and says the midfield duo are not too far away from returning to fitness.
Oxlade-Chamberlain has been on the sidelines since suffering a knee injury during our Champions League last-16 defeat to Barcelona at the end of February but the 22-year-old is back in light training at London Colney.
Cazorla has been out even longer after undergoing surgery on a knee ligament injury that he sustained way back in late November and a proposed comeback was postponed after he suffered a setback in training last month.
However, Santi is also undertaking light training again and Arsene says he and Oxlade-Chamberlain are not too far away from making their returns to the first team.
Speaking at his press conference this morning ahead of our game with West Ham, the boss is quoted as saying by Arsenal.com:
Santi and Alex [Oxlade-Chamberlain] are the only injuries now.
At the moment we [are waiting] on Alex coming back to fitness and Santi to practice.
They should not be too far. Overall, the injury situation looks quite good.
The Ox and Cazorla are expected to step-up their rehabilitation by returning to full training soon but it’s probably still going to take a couple of weeks for the pair to build up their fitness before they’ll be considered for the first team.
Therefore, we’ll be lucky to see either player in the squad before the end of the month meaning they may only play a part in our final two games of the season in May.