- Arsenal boss offers injury update on Cazorla & Giroud
- Ratings: Cech shines but Ozil fails to spark as Arsenal held
- Video: Arsenal 0-0 Boro: Lackluster Gunners drop valuable points
- Teams: Arsenal v Middlesbrough: Cazorla out, Elneny in
- Team news: Wenger’s update on Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud & Cazorla
- Preview: Arsenal v Boro, team news, line-up & prediction
- [Photos] Arsenal duo step-up injury comebacks in training today
- [Photos] Arsenal boost as injury doubt trains ahead of Boro game
- Arsene Wenger sets comeback date for forgotten Arsenal man
- Arsenal boss confirms fresh injury doubt for Middlesbrough game
Paul Merson states his prediction ahead of West Ham vs Arsenal
Former Arsenal winger Paul Merson has made his prediction ahead of our trip to West Ham this weekend and is backing us to bring home all three points.
Another pivotal weekend is upon us as we face a tough trip to Upton Park on Saturday lunchtime but it provides us with an excellent opportunity to get an early win on the board and put the pressure on the top two.
Leaders Leicester City also face a tricky trip to relegation-threatened Sunderland on Sunday while Tottenham entertain Manchester United straight after the City game, so we can’t pass up the chance to close the gap on Saturday.
However, it’s not going to be straightforward as West Ham are in great form this season and have top four aspirations to think about with the East Londoners currently sitting just three points off fourth-placed Man City.
I’d certainly rather we had a far easier game this weekend but former Arsenal winger Paul Merson is backing us to edge it at the Boleyn Ground and take home a vital three points with a 2-1 win.
Writing in his column for Sky Sports, Merson wrote:
Both teams need to win. It’s a good game really because a draw is no good to either of them. If Arsenal think they are going to win the league then they need to win this and a victory is as important to West Ham if they are to get in the top four.
This is a hard one to call because West Ham are doing really well, but no one is better than Arsenal when playing without pressure.
PAUL PREDICTS: 1-2
We have a decent recent record against West Ham having won nine of the last ten games but the most recent match saw us lose at the Emirates on the opening day of the season so we need to avenge that defeat this weekend.
Let’s be honest, if we’re to stand any chance of catching Leicester then we HAVE to win at Upton Park. Fingers crossed Merse is right and the boys can do it….